The New York Post followed up its scoop yesterday about Dominic Carter's domestic abuse trial with this report from the court proceedings yesterday.
Among the findings:
* His wife's brother testified that Carter "brutalized" and beat his wife, Marilyn, for two decades
* Carter fathered two children with a woman who is not his wife. One of these children is named Dominic Jr. - and he also has a son named Dominic with Marilyn (!)
* Marilyn changed her story, telling the court that in the Oct. 22 assault, it was a day laborer who attacked her, and she claims she told the cops it was her husband because she was angry with him for having an affair
* Carter told reporters he "never laid a hand on my wife" and expects to be exonerated in court
* Carter "has gone on paid leave at least twice in previous years after alleged physical and verbal altercations with colleagues," according to the Post.
Also according to the Post, Carter has been put on an indefinite leave of absence from NY1. A verdict is expected next month.