Thursday, August 13, 2009

Maybe NOT a slow news week

Okay, SECONDS after I posted that, NY1 broadcast a segment that made my boyfriend and I laugh out loud, it was so unintentionally hilarious.

It was a Stephanie Simon report on musicians that make a kind of Indonesian folk percussion music with found objects. Now, I'm a drummer, and I actually think drumming with found objects is very cool, but these musicians were SO unbearably earnest, it was really hard not to make fun of them. They were doing the whole eyes-closed-and-swaying, white-man's-overbite dance while they were playing this music that was... perfectly pleasant, but not worth getting quite so worked up over.

To cap it off, Simon ended the segment by saying, "Re-use, Recycle, and Rock!"

OH, STEPHANIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment